Saturday, February 2, 2008

Bishop of Bittburg Arrested!

The Bishop of Saxe-Huack, his Excellency Jaap von Beuligen bears a letter from the Holy See in Rome to Duke Augustus:

Your grace, as you well know of late the Revolutionary Council of Bittburg in their heretical fury have banned the church, confiscated church property and have exiled, arrested and murdered many priests and laypersons. Early last week they abandoned God and arrested the Bishop of Bittburg. If you continue to stand by and allow the heresey advocated by those of power in Bittburg to go unchecked it may spread to other lands in Christendom and the fault will lie with you the closest divinely ordained noble.

I must ask myself what kind of traitor are you? Why have I allowed someone such as you to be nourished and brought up in God's church when you would allow your Lord to be treated with such shameful contempt and attrocity by low born militants!

I call upon you as a Defender of the Faith to free the Bishop of Bittburg, and restore the Church in those lands at once. You have my blessing and may carry my standard in battle. Do not fail me Augustus.


Pius VI
By the grace of God, Pope & Servant of the Servants of God

Noticing the face of the duke growing redder, Bishop Beuligen slowly speaks. "I leave you now your grace to reflect upon your situation and indeed the situation of those you rule and remind you that there will be no baptisms, no confession, no marriages, a spiritual shutdown, the "No one from Saxe-Huack need apply" sign will be posted at the gates of heaven should you choose to do nothing. And with a courtly bow the bishop and his attendants turned to leave. Just as they reached the doors of the duke's great hall they were startled to hear the duke cry out "Bring me my arms! And convene the royal general staff! Now damn you move!" With this alarming outcry the dukes attendants were scurrying in every direction. The bishop smiled as he turned to step out between the great eagle emblazoned doors.

4 comments:

Snickering Corpses said...

Well, well. It would seem Bittburg and Saxe-Huack have troubling times ahead. I look forward to seeing how events go.

abdul666 said...

We are entering "interesting times" indeed! Sounds promising.

Good to see you (able to) post again: "The Real World™" is often harsh on us...

Cheers,
Jean-Louis

Bluebear Jeff said...

My, my, my. I do believe that another Campaign is about to begin.

Pray, do not forget to take artists along to capture the scenes of battle so that both Holy Mother Church and we may see the proof of Saxe-Huack's faith.


-- Jeff of Saxe-Bearstein

abdul666 said...

It's greatly advantageous to fight for your faith: even if you loose, you gain salvation!